We are in an Internet age where everyone google’s what they are looking for. So I decided to give you the 10 best online stores in Australia of where to buy fabric and haberdashery. Some of these stores I have personally bought from so I will also give you my personal review. The others I haven’t yet so will just list them here. Happy shopping!
- Super Cheap Fabrics My dealings with Super Cheap Fabrics has been a great one. The staff are very helpful and you can chat online whilst placing orders which is handy if you want some advice about a particular fabric. They have 3 shop locations in Melbourne Dandenong, Brunswick and Fitzroy and they also have a Head Office – Collingwood. This means you can go instore, shop online. They have lovely dressmaking fabrics at very reasonable prices and the quality is really great. Beautiful colours and prints in all your favourites like chiffon, knits, cotton and cotton stretches and much more. They also have a haberdashery range of threads and sewing supplies and sewing needles. There is free shipping on orders over $99. They also have a rewards program where you buy and earn coins to then use at a later date in the form of a % off next order.
2. Darn Cheap Fabrics I have also been shopping at Darn Cheap Fabrics and their quality is fantastic, the staff at their 3 stores are very helpful and you can phone the stores directly if you have any questions about what you have seen on their Instagram or Facebook as some items may not be on their online store, however you can purchase via phone orders. There store locations in Melbourne are STORE LOCATIONS, Glen Huntly, Port Melbourne, Heidelberg. They give Free shipping for orders over $175 for within Australia. They ship internationally too. They have fabric in prints, plain’s, special occasions, patchwork, knits, designer, haberdashery and trims.
3. The Fabric Store This store has a huge range on offer and they ship Australia wide and Internationally. Free shipping worldwide for orders over $200NZD. Their prices are not the cheapest but they do offer a vast range of fabrics, styles, and even have organic cotton’s and bias binding and thread matching for Merino range and using Gutterman thread. There are just too many to list here. They do have a Loyalty club where you can exchange points for vouchers. Bonus there. Check out their website for full details and range. Australian store locations.
4. Tessuti with over 20 years being open Tessuti has stores in Sydney, Melbourne and of course their online store. Here is their Shipping/Returns information. They have designer fabrics from local and international designers of fabric. They offer sewing classes at all three stores and have patterns available also. Great range of cotton, knits, laces, linens, stretch and more. They offer gift vouchers too. They have designer fabrics from some famous designers such as Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Missoni, Zimmermann, Manning Cartell, Cue, and many more. If you are after some exquisite fabric Tessuti have what you want.
5. Rathdowne Fabrics Rathdowne has been in Brunswick for a long while and has lots of beautiful fabric and supplies, you can contact them and find the location here. You can see their shipping costs. You will love going to this store as they have their discount tables where you can get some bargains and pretty much everything you will need for sewing. I have purchased several things from Rathdowne and they are awesome. Knowledgeable staff, great products at great prices and all the bits and bobs you need to sew up a storm. Great place to shop with great bargains.
6. If you are looking for a local business that ships Australia wide and internationally then you can’t go past Rubyjam. I am a new customer at Ruby Jam and I can honestly say they have gorgeous fabric, I purchased some cotton lycra and it was gorgeous quality. Knits, prints, cotton/lycra, French Terry just to name a few. They have fantastic customer service and flat rate shipping in Australia $9.95, you can see the full range here. I highly recommend this supplier as they have more than just fabric, haberdashery and they sell Maxi-Lock thread too, even bag hardware. Did I mention the great customer service and I think we should all support local business?
7. East Coast Fabrics This store has a great range and some haberdashery too. They have two locations in Queensland however you can also order online with Australia wide shipping. They do have great prices too. I haven’t purchased before but they seem to have a really great range of fabrics. You can find their locations here.
8. Lush Fabrics have fabulous prints/plains with luxurious quality that sewers everywhere would appreciate. They have a wide selection of knits, woven, faux leather & exposed elastic & trims. Also, have gift certificates. Shipping is standard flat rate $10 and they offer Zip Pay and Afterpay. Contact.
9. Annie Lane Australia has a wonderful array of printed fabrics, Poplin, Cotton etc. I just love the prints available, florals and themed prints. The shop is on Etsy and AnnieLaneAustralia comes out of Central Coast New South Wales. They have $8 Shipping Australia wide. They are a small business run by Lenni and Brooke. Check out their fabric which is gorgeous.
10. Wattle Hill Fabrics – Another great store. They have so many designers available which are too many to list here. Check out their website and see for your self. They also have many types of fabric, Cotton, Organic, knits, flannel, modal, trims & notions, elastic and loads more. They have Afterpay and Zip Pay and PayPal and LayBy.
These are my picks for fabric and haberdashery stores for you to check out next time you have a project you want to make. If you have other stores that are in your area feel free to comment below with your selections.